Saturday, March 8, 2008

If I Had a Shovel

Top 10 things I find myself doing 32 hours into a blizzard...

10. Eating entire Pizza Hut deep dish pizzas and chocolate chip milkshakes
9. Applying the term "stocking up for winter" to rationalize the above
8. Analyzing the later work of M. Night Shyamalan
7. Analyzing a text message
6. Following the weather channel
5. Calling friends with important things to say like "level 3 snow emergency"
4. Listening to cars on High Street spin their wheels
3. Spinning my own
2. Not studying for exams
1. Feeling more claustrophobic than creative
0. Willing someone to call

(I think the snow actually just stopped... but lists are always therapeutic)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Have you seen/read High Fidelity? They make a lot of top 5 lists in that movie/book. After I paid to see it in the theater for the third time, I started devising my own lists. It's weird, nothing snaps me out of a depression quite like making a top 5 list.

I'm saying I dig what you're doing, by the way.